Emergency Management Director Teri Smith
This page contains information about Emergency Management Director Teri Smith of Douglas County, Kansas.
Full Name: Teri Smith
Job Title: Emergency Management Director
Job Term: 2007 to Present
This department accomplishes this mission by coordinating and collaborating all actions within Douglas County, which involve preparing for, responding to, recovering from and mitigating the impact of crisis, major emergencies and disasters.
- Review and enhance existing emergency management and response plans in all hazard scenarios.
- Enhance all hazards public awareness and education for citizens, first responders, businesses and community officials in Douglas County.
- Evaluate effectiveness of preparedness and response capabilities under the Douglas County emergency response plans.
- Course work, University of Kansas
- Assistant Director of Douglas County Emergency Management for 11 years
- Kansas Certified Emergency Manager
- FEMA Professional Development Series
- Kansas Emergency Management Coursework
- Kansas Association of Counties Supervisory Certificate
- Integrated Emergency Management Course
- National Incident Management System
- Certified Emergency Manager from the International Association of Emergency Managers