This page contains information on renewing motor vehicles tags in Douglas County, Kansas.
Vehicle Tag Renewal Information
- One of the following:
- Renewal form sent out by State of Kansas (if you did not receive your renewal notice you can print it off at http://mvs.dmv.kdor.ks.gov/PrintRenewals/.)
- Current Kansas registration receipt
- Tag number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Proof of liability insurance from insurance provider. Proof must contain insurance company name, policy number, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), year and make of vehicle, effective date and expiration date.
- Checks accepted with picture ID (driver's license)
- All major credit/debit cards, a processing fee will apply
- Renewal form sent out by State of Kansas or a registration receipt showing the correct vehicle and license plate number
- Proof of insurance (may be a photo copy)
- Check or money order made out to Douglas County Treasurer
Web-Tags - KS Online Vehicle Tag Renewals
- The vehicle is currently registered in Kansas.
- You have a Kansas Motor Vehicle registration renewal notice that contains a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Your address on the renewal notice must be current.
- The vehicle is currently insured by a participating insurance company.
- Cannot be delinquent on personal property taxes.
- License plate cannot be expired.
- You have a valid VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or e-check ($1.00 echeck fee, 2.5% card fee)
To renew your tags online, visit the 'Web-Tags - Kansas Online Vehicle Tag Renewals' website at: https://www.kswebtags.org/
You can now re-print your application by visiting the Kansas Department of Revenue's Print Renewals page and entering your license plate number.
|Vehicle Tag Renewal Dates|
|Alpha By Name||Earliest Renewal Date||Expire|
|E, F, G||4-15||5-31|
|J, K, L||6-15||7-31|
|M, N, O||7-15||8-31|
|P, Q, R||8-15||9-30|
|T, V, W||10-15||11-30|
|U, X, Y, Z||11-15||12-31|