Court Juror FAQ's - By Category
This page contains a list of categorized Juror FAQ's for the 7th Judicial District of the District Court.
Please Note: To view a list-version of Juror FAQ's, please visit the 'Juror FAQ's' page.
The Summons and Being Called to Jury Duty
- How was I selected?
- What is the purpose of the juror questionnaire attached to the summons?
- What if I lost my questionnaire?
- I forgot to return my summons questionnaire. What should I do?
- Even though I have received a Summons, is it possible that I will not be required to come to court during the dates shown?
- What if the summons is wrong or the person summoned had died?
- If I am summoned for jury service, will I automatically sit as a juror on a case?
- I forgot to report for jury duty as ordered. What do I do?
- Can I volunteer for jury service?
Qualifying for Jury Duty
- What are the qualifications for jury service?
- I've moved from Douglas County, do I still qualify for jury service?
- If I serve on a trial, is my jury service over?
- What if I am a college student, and I am from another state or county, do I still have to serve?
- I meet the eligibility requirements to be a juror, but am I actually qualified to be a juror?
- If I have a difficulty hearing or seeing, will I be disqualified?
Being Excused from Jury Duty
- How can I be excused from jury duty?
- Can I defer my jury duty?
- I was just on jury service. What do I do?
- I am over 70 years-old, do I still have to serve?
- Can I request a medical or financial hardship?
- I haven't heard anything from the court about my requested deferral or excusal. What do I do?
Reporting for Jury Duty
- Where do I report?
- What time do I report?
- Where do I park?
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
- What if the weather is bad?
- Will there be long periods of waiting?
- Will I be paid and if so, how much?
- What kind of trial will I hear?
Selection of the Jury Panel
- How are jurors selected for a particular trial?
- What is Voir Dire and what is its purpose?
- Why do some juries have different numbers of jurors?
Being a Juror in a Trial
- How long do trials typically last?
- Will I be sequestered?
- What should I wear?
- May I smoke?
- Are jurors allowed to take notes?
Personal and Work Issues While on Jury Duty
- Can my employer fire me?
- Will my employer pay me while I am on jury service?
- What about childcare?
- Is my privacy protected?
- What if an unexpected emergency keeps me from coming to the courthouse while I am on jury duty?
- What is my employer wants proof of my jury service?